Author Topic: Strucad Menu Font Size (pcsize file)  (Read 1746 times)

s3ds

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Strucad Menu Font Size (pcsize file)
« on: January 04, 2017, 10:21:07 AM »
I saved this from the previous forum

How to change screen menu font size? zpf menu?
Moderator: Moderating Team
Post a reply

6 posts ? Page 1 of 1
How to change screen menu font size? zpf menu?
by SWU on Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:47 am
Hi All,

I am a newbie here. I`ve got a couple of basic questions here, I was wondering if any of you advanced strucad users could help me out here. Thanks in advance!

1. When I entre the 3-d Model environment, for some reason lately my main screen menu font size has become enlarged, it`s really hard to read, I could only use my memory to remember what button is for what. I have looked everywhere, but couldn`t find where the setting is to change the font size. I have attached a picture of the screen menu display here. Could anyone please tell me how to make the font size smaller, readable?

2. For some weird reason the zpf files I produced would not show up proper menu in english, it has become all ASSCII. I have also attached a picture of the zpf display here. Can you guys tell me how to change the asscii back to english?

3. The issue report I produced would not show up the proper date, it would show up something like this "*** Revision Report for Model DM Issue 1 - 2011??7??15?? ***". I have to go every time manually to change the date. How to fix that?

4. I am using Strucad V15.5, but I installed Struwalker V13, as I like the colour better in V13. But ever since I can`t just click on a bsw file to open, there is always a pop up message saying "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, creat an association in the Default program control panel". Each time I have to go into a model 3-d environment and choose existing struwalker file to view. How do I associate StrwalkerV13 with Strucad V15?

Please could anyone answer me here? As I am really anxious.
Attachments
 zpf.pdf
(74.86 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
 screen menu.pdf
(275.8 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
SWU

Re: How to change screen menu font size? zpf menu?
by Garry on Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:13 am
SWU wrote:I am a newbie here. I`ve got a couple of basic questions here, I was wondering if any of you advanced strucad users could help me out here. Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the group
SWU wrote:1. When I entre the 3-d Model environment, for some reason lately my main screen menu font size has become enlarged, it`s really hard to read, I could only use my memory to remember what button is for what. I have looked everywhere, but couldn`t find where the setting is to change the font size. I have attached a picture of the screen menu display here. Could anyone please tell me how to make the font size smaller, readable?

I had this problem too ages ago, I think it was something to do with the wide screen monitor or something. I'm afraid I can't remember how to fix it but I do remember that Acecad were able to fix it when I called them, so give them a buzz.
SWU wrote:2. For some weird reason the zpf files I produced would not show up proper menu in english, it has become all ASSCII. I have also attached a picture of the zpf display here. Can you guys tell me how to change the asscii back to english?

3. The issue report I produced would not show up the proper date, it would show up something like this "*** Revision Report for Model DM Issue 1 - 2011??7??15?? ***". I have to go every time manually to change the date. How to fix that?

I'm not much help here either  Maybe the date problem could be solved if you change the date format to the UK format of DD MM YYYY in the model parameters?
SWU wrote:4. I am using Strucad V15.5, but I installed Struwalker V13, as I like the colour better in V13. But ever since I can`t just click on a bsw file to open, there is always a pop up message saying "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, creat an association in the Default program control panel". Each time I have to go into a model 3-d environment and choose existing struwalker file to view. How do I associate StrwalkerV13 with Strucad V15?

Try copying the Struwalker.exe file from V13 into your StruCadV15/strucad/bin directory? Make a backup of the V15 file first
----------------------------------------------
Garry O'Mahony,  3D Steel Ltd

Garry

by Hunter on Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:23 am
SWU wrote:1. When I entre the 3-d Model environment, for some reason lately my main screen menu font size has become enlarged, it`s really hard to read, I could only use my memory to remember what button is for what. I have looked everywhere, but couldn`t find where the setting is to change the font size. I have attached a picture of the screen menu display here. Could anyone please tell me how to make the font size smaller, readable?

Hi. From memory it is as Garry says, it has to do with your screen monitor resolution ... so firstly you will need to know what the resolution of your monitor is ... then navigate to the pcsize file and open this up with notepad(refer to attachment for the address) ... then all you need to do is copy and paste a block of entries and edit the resolution to suit. Hope this helps.

By the way, I am new here so ... hello all 

Hunter.
Attachments
 pcsize.pdf
(14.06 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
Hunter

by SWU on Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:17 am
Thank you Garry & Hunter! You guys are life savers.

1. Hunter, your attachment instruction was particularly helpful. I found the pcsize file and just put * in front of all the other resolutions that don`t suit my laptop screen size, and it worked like a charm. I am so relieved, that problem has been seriously bugging me for days. Thank you very much!

2. Garry, I have solved the ASSCII problem in zpf files. That problem was caused by all the other language files under "Strucad drawing viewer" folder, I simply took all the other language files out of the folder and the english menu displayed again.
The struwalker problem was easily solved as well, I simply right clicked on the bsw file and chose open with. Thanks to you pointing out the route to Struwalker.exe file, I didn`t know where that file was stored before 
I haven`t been able to fix the date problem in issue report, however. I have changed the year from 11 to 2011 in the model parameters, but it still wouldn`t show up proper date in the issue report. I`ll keep trying until It works.

Thanks again, guys! I really appreciate your help.

Sarah
SWU

by Hunter on Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:32 am
No problems Sarah - glad to see you are sorted with the menu display 

Hunter.
Hunter.
Hunter

by Garry on Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:50 am
Hunter wrote:SWU wrote:1. When I entre the 3-d Model environment, for some reason lately my main screen menu font size has become enlarged, it`s really hard to read, I could only use my memory to remember what button is for what. I have looked everywhere, but couldn`t find where the setting is to change the font size. I have attached a picture of the screen menu display here. Could anyone please tell me how to make the font size smaller, readable?

Hi. From memory it is as Garry says, it has to do with your screen monitor resolution ... so firstly you will need to know what the resolution of your monitor is ... then navigate to the pcsize file and open this up with notepad(refer to attachment for the address) ... then all you need to do is copy and paste a block of entries and edit the resolution to suit. Hope this helps.

By the way, I am new here so ... hello all 

Hunter.

Welcome Hunter  Great post, keep it up.

@Sarah, glad you got sorted.

draftsperson.net

Strucad Menu Font Size (pcsize file)
« on: January 04, 2017, 10:21:07 AM »