Author Topic: Best resources for Australian Steel Member Sizes  (Read 947 times)

lamensterms

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Best resources for Australian Steel Member Sizes
« on: April 02, 2017, 11:02:37 PM »
Hey guys,

Just wondering what resources you guys use to look up availability for steel member sizes (hot rolled, cold formed & light weight).

Historically, my first port of call had always been the OneSteel Hot Rolled & Cold Formed catalogues. Lately, I have been using the OneSteel Know Your Steel catalogue. And only today, I stumbled across the Austube Mills Product Manual.

My conundrum is:

The OneSteel catalogues cite the "Australian Tube Mills - Pricing and Availability Guide - Pipe and Tube Structural Products" as a resource (for their pipe & tube listings), but the OneSteel catalogue shows different information to the Austube Mills catalogue.

For example, looking at SHS.

- The old OneSteel Cold Formed catalogue shows SHS in both grades C350LO (sizes 13x13 to 250x250) & C450LO (sizes 20x20 to 100x100).
- The OneSteel Know Your Steel catalogue shows SHS in only grade C450LO (sizes 25x25 to 400x400).
- The Austube Mills catalogue shows SHS in both grades C350LO (sizes 20x20 to 50x50) & C450LO (sizes 65x65 to 400x400 and 20x20 to 50x50 as non-standard grades).

I thinking if OneSteel are using Austube Mills catalogue as their sources, the information should be the same. I believe that in the event of any discrepancy, the original source should govern, in this case... that would be the Austube Mills info. But if that is the case, the C350LO grade SHS, comes only in sizes 20sq to 50sq. Though even if Austube Mills only provide C350LO SHS in those limited sizes, another manufacturer might have a wider range?

What do you guys usually do? How many major steel manufacturers are their for Australia? Is there a definitive resource that would include all 'standard' available member sizes?

Thanks for any help.

draftsperson.net

Best resources for Australian Steel Member Sizes
« on: April 02, 2017, 11:02:37 PM »