Author Topic: Updating Lisps  (Read 61 times)

Forbes

• View Profile
Updating Lisps
« on: November 20, 2018, 03:11:29 PM »
Hi all, just joined the forum, so bear with me please.

Although we have moved on to 3D modelling, most of our clients still require a basic 2D Layout.
Over the years I have collected and modified AutoCAD menus to suit my needs, starting with Mech 11 in 1990.

If I remember correctly I downloaded the stl.lsp revised by someone on this site with USA and AUS steel sections, and have modified it to suit South African steel sections. (There is no notice of copyright in the lisps, so I understood I was not infringing on any laws by doing so)
It is a great lisp, and I must congratulate whoever updated it.

I have steel sections lisps which I previously used which run off pull-down or drop down dialogue boxes, but with the  CUI menu format they are not ideal to use as they populate the command dialogue box with the lists of the member sizes.

I would prefer to use some of my old lisps for sections as the gives the option of drawing a beam from the top, center or bottom of the member and various other things, however ideally the lisps need to be modified to run with dcl files, and unfortunately while I understand and can follow the process, I don't have the ability to modify the lisps.

My question is, is there anyone on the forum who would be prepared to modify the lisps for me.

Regards,

draftsperson.net

Updating Lisps
« on: November 20, 2018, 03:11:29 PM »

Forbes

• View Profile
Re: Updating Lisps
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 03:29:29 PM »
I have just read another post, the lisp was modified by Allan Wise.
Hopefully if you read this, you may be interested in looking at the lisps I have.
Regards,

ALLAN

• Administrator
  • Manager of Draftsperson.net Forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 05:37:28 AM »
Still kicking around Forbes, but haven't done much LISP programming for a number of years.

Forbes

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 02:47:42 PM »
Pity, but I suppose the demand for lisps has moved to other software issues. Thank you for your contribution to the 'Draffies" cause, I am sure a lot of people have benefited from your lisps.

Hopefully someone on the forum will consider maybe incorporating the lisps I have into what you did as another revision.
If not, I will continue to use the lisp you did.

Regards,

ALLAN

• Administrator
  • Manager of Draftsperson.net Forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 12:11:09 AM »
Post up the LISP files and someone may run with it.

Forbes

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 04:08:33 PM »
<br /><br />

Hi all,
Attached are the files, the Stl,lsp, is the one Allan modified in 200?
I have modified the Stl.dcl file to suit South African Sections, and the lisp files I would like updated to run with the .dim and .dcl files. I have also attached the .mnu file I used to run the lisps with.

I have created the .dim files, but I know the first section needs to be edited, I have done it on one file I think.

The channel Section view is not right, but the other views are good, and the Angles are also good, they give a few more options than the lisp Allan modified.

I know technology has moved on a long way and these lisps should be re-written using code etc, bu I cannot afford to pay for someones time to do that.

If these lisp can be modified, great, if not I will use what I have.

Regards